Sunday 16 June 2013

Best Pho in Edmonton?

I have been craving some pho for a long time! I've been to many Vietnamese restaurants and have tried a variety of phos' from them all. There are a couple of really good pho restaurants in Edmonton (Tau Bay, Xu Hue...etc), and I got an opportunity to try yet another Vietnamese restaurant! The restaurant is called Pho Hoan Pasteur, and I can definitely add this place to the short list of good pho restaurants in Edmonton! I've heard many good things, and could not wait to set my foot in the door! A friend and I arrived at the restaurant pretty late, around an hour before closing and we could tell the servers were not too pleased about that. The expression on their faces were less than welcoming...but I wanted my Pho. We were seated quickly and the server was quick to ask us what we wanted. Luckily, we both knew already and ordered right away.
I ordered my usual, a pho dac biet, and I was excited to see how the pho tasted! One of the many reasons why I love Vietnamese food is because the food is quick to make/deliver! When the waitress brought our food out, I was surprised to see the portions. There was so much meat compared to other Vietnamese restaurants! The soup base had a very distinctive and strong pho smell and tasted delicious. The noodles were cooked well (al dente to be exact). Not overcooked and under cooked, perfect consistency of chewiness.

If you live far from downtown, like myself, it is definitely worth the drive to this restaurant and give it a try!
Pho Hoan Pasteur on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment