Tuesday 3 December 2013

Time is Ticking......Corso 32 Worth the Wait?

I am sure a lot of people have heard amazing things about Corso 32. They were everywhere in the media and being the restaurant it is, word does get around. I love how the name is seriously specific to the number of people they can fit in the place. With a seating of 32, I can now see why reservations must be placed at least a couple months in advance.

On the day we made reservations, the weather was not co-operating with us... It was pouring. And with my luck, there were no nearby parking available. So my friend and I had to run a couple blocks before arriving at the restaurant looking like wet soggy dogs.. It was awful. Did I mention we were given a couple of strange glances? But who cares! We made reservations far in advance, nothing would turn us away at this rate.

We were seated almost immediately, and after about 20 minutes of getting settled we were ready to order. I noticed on the bottom of the menu it says something about how Corso encourages sharing! Which is pretty neat. Up until this point I had no idea what that meant. Anyways, we started with the grilled cheese and ordered Garganelli pasta and the 40 day aged rib eye steak.
The grill cheese was sooooo goood. I love the idea of the sunny side up egg being presented on top of the thinly cut bruschetta. The boschetto al tartufo cheese was a perfect blend of sweet and this rustic garlic hint.
Garganelli pasta! Okay, so when you ask for the dishes to be split between however many people, they really do prepare it as if there were two separate orders. The pasta was pleasant, cooked to perfection (al dente) with a lovely meaty bolognese sauce. No complaints here, just a traditional take on the good ol' bolognese sauce pasta.
On to my favorite dish of the night. Aged rib eye steak! I loveeeee my meat and this dish made my palate dance. The rib eye steak was extremely tender and soft. Cooked to the perfect temperature and rareness that would make any steak lover proud. It was just so juicy and the natural flavours of the steak is all you really need to make this dish outstanding.

After the meal, my stomach wasn't quite complete without desserts! (The portions were indeed small but the quality of the food really made up for everything.) I was so excited for the desserts anyways they sound amazing! I ordered the chocolate torta (of course I would order something with chocolate in it haha..), and my friend went with the vanilla panna cotta. The chocolate was so rich, dense and thick. It was like the ultimate brownie and thoroughly satisfied my sweet tooth for the night.


All in all, what a wonderful place this is! It really lives up the expectations and the hype buzzing about Corso. The quality in food preparation is superb and the presentation really sets the bar in terms of fine eateries. Service was friendly and attentive to our needs, price was reasonable and extremely fair. I would love to come back for another dining out experience at Corso. I'm even willing to dash through the rain or snow haha. 

Corso 32 on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole,

    I've added a new feature so you can publish your blog posts on Urbanspoon yourself! Next time you post a review, give it a try. Here's how:

    - Make sure you're signed into Urbanspoon.
    - Go to your Urbanspoon blog page (not your user profile): http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/131/10480/Edmonton/Food-for-thought.html
    - Click "Edit blog settings".
    - In the Pending Posts section, click "Edit and publish my pending posts".
    - Then, enter the "snippet" text, verify the date and URL, and press Publish.

    Please make sure that:
    - The URL should be the permalink to the blog post (not the blog home page, a post preview, or a service like feedproxy).
    - The snippet should be 2-3 sentences (quoted from your blog post) that gives an idea of what's in the post.
    - The snippet should NOT include bylines, dates, address info, captions, tags, HTML code, etc.

    Note: there may be a delay of 1-2 hours after you post on your blog until our system detects the post.

    We'll give you one week to do it yourself, then it'll go into our queue to publish.

    Thank you for all of your contributions, and let us know if you have any questions.

    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete