Sunday 10 March 2013

Let's get started...

I have always been an avid foodie and I am sure this trait was passed along to me from both my parents. My mother's family immigrated to America from Vietnam when she was in her early teens. There was such a big lifestyle change and one of the biggest was probably in their diet. Haha. She came from a big family of 8 siblings and all of her brothers and sisters shares a similar appetite for food. Every time we visit them in California, the first thing that is suggested to us when we walk out of the airport are not the places to see but are the places to eat. What can I say? We just love to eat. My father is from Penang Malaysia, and if you didn't know it has the best "hawker" food in whole Malaysia. People in Penang are known to eat 6 meals a day and while there isn't much to see within the "Turtle" island, there are many places to eat. 

One thing is for sure, I am glad my family and I are able to escape diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and cardiovascular diseases. Knock on wood. Who knows how long that will keep up.. Here is a little information about who I am. 


My name is Nicole, I am currently enrolled at the University of Alberta as a 4th year science student. After my undergraduate degree, I am hoping to further my education with the opportunity to obtain my masters in occupational therapy. I am definitely not a professional food critic, nor can I even critique food correctly... I am just a normal student who is lucky to enjoy many different cuisines and experience different types of food. Unfortunately, I find everything quite tasty so we will see how this goes... The idea of blogging came up a while ago, I wanted a way to keep track what goes on in my daily life so I can possibly come back after a few years and go "oh hey so I have done that, tried that... I remember doing this." This is also my first time blogging...so I am not quite sure how to navigate through the site or use all these functions. Hopefully, I will be able to figure this out with time. Let's go eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment