Sunday 10 March 2013

Study Break at Crepe Symphony...

A friend and I have been waiting for the right time to go to Crepe Symphony Cafe. In the middle of February, university students are usually bombarded with round one of midterms. But luckily for us, we managed to squeeze in the time to have a nice quiet lunch right before my last class that begins at 3:30pm. We hopped on the LRT to central station and found this Cafe right across one of the exits. I was extremely excited for this since I have been waiting to try crepes outside of Cora's or Ihop. It was quiet when we went there at around 2pm and we were the only ones in the Cafe. The cafe is quite small and cozy with a warm, inviting atmosphere. For drinks, I decided to go with something warm since I do live in one of the coldest province in Canada. I decided to try the macchiato, the only other place where I had something called ''macchiato'' was at Starbucks. 

The macchiato was delightful, it looked quite nice with the caramel syrup swirls on the top. It wasn't nearly as sweet as Starbucks, which is nice since I do not like my drinks too sweet. I find the caramel macchiato at Starbucks can be on the sweeter side to my taste.  




For crepes, we decided on one dessert and one main. He ordered the beef crepe (ground beef, tomatoes, cilantro) and I went for vanilla sky (peach, vanilla cream, cranberries, icing sugar with condensed milk drizzle). The crepe came out relatively quick as expected and they looked delicious. 

The beef crepe was delicious. It had a flavorful taste of spices and well made crepes. The amount of beef was sufficient and the creamy sauce drizzled on top completed the taste (not sure what it was made of haha). There were no complaints about this crepe on both ends. We both enjoyed it very much. 

The vanilla sky crepe did not hit a home run like the beef crepe did. It was okay, nothing spectacular. The condensed milk drizzle was nice though, and it added a nice touch to the crepe. There was hardly any peaches to be found, and the peaches were from the can. There is nothing wrong with peaches from the can, but more peaches found within the crepe would be better. The crepe was filled with a light fluffy whipped vanilla cream that was yummy. But, eating a crepe covered in powder sugar and filled with vanilla cream may not be for me. I will be trying a different dessert crepe next time and will pass on this. 

Overall, Crepe Symphony Cafe was a great experience situated in the heart of downtown. It was a nice cozy cafe that is an excellent place to visit for lunch or for a coffee date. The crepes are delicious and I especially enjoyed the beef crepe. I am still amazed at the amount of flavors you get from a crepe like that. I will definitely be back to try many more crepes! 


Crepe Symphony Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment